Here's my autumn love moodboard this year:
1. Chestnuts boiling and burning, the Romanian expression "to get the chestnuts out of fire with someone else's hand" with its manipulative twist, the promise of a marron glacé before the coming winter... Remembering all the evenings when I shared chestnuts with family and friends.
2. Autumn bicycle race, courage, getting out of your comfort zone, daring when you are not sure of yourself, "oser ça change tout" on the backdoor of my desk long time ago and Sylvie Guillem in the Rolex promo "Une femme qui s'interesse a ses limites que pour les depasser"
3. Miracles, finding a sense in everyday's appearantly unsignificant events, serendipity and hoping for the miracle again
4. My lovely red Moleskin and the tiny sticks in it, the plans I have, the plans I forgot I had and the entire inspiring energy that comes from them
5. Empathy, small talk, big talk, rediscovering who you are, what are the tiny pieces you're made of, so inaccurately articulated sometimes as if a 5-year old assembled them... , (re)discovering others, asking all the good questions, not having all the (right) answers
6. Coffee, tea, the mood that goes with...
7. Rain, the smell of rain, the smell of teen spirits :)
8. The incredible slide of the ultracision device on the vessels during lymphadenectomy, the feeling that you have go for it, make it better than last time, 'rendre service', daring again. Surgery per se, happy to feel the thrill again, longing for perfection
9. Admiration, admiring a few others as a life exercise while giving the best of yourself, remembering their thoughts, their words, the incredible intonation that during only a few seconds changed some small, hidden but decisive part of oneself, loving them for that, thrusting them for that
10. Books, music, high expectations, words, the hug on my wall I always take a look at when I need to breathe again...